2021 CADA State Convention:
Apply to Present
Seeking workshop presenters for the 2021 CADA State Convention, March 3-6, 2021 at the Town & Country Resort in San Diego, CA.
Application deadline is Sunday, October 25, 2020.
Possible 2021 workshop/session offerings:
- Long-form 90-minute sessions
- Regular 45-minute workshops
- Meet the Pros roundtable
- Slam session (present a single topic in 3-minutes or less on stage)
Workshop sessions will be spread from Wednesday to Saturday. Long-form sessions should allow for a deeper dive into topics.
Meet the Pros Roundtable will be held Friday morning, in which presenters will present a topic four times for 10-12 minutes per rotation during the hour-long session. These are focused topics related to an activities/leadership program, curriculum ideas, or a specific lesson which can be taught in a leadership classroom.
CADA Slam! is a one-hour session in which 15 presenters each share an idea in 3-minutes or less on stage. Slammers are asked to submit up to 3 Google slides (in February) to accompany their 3-minute presentation.
- Speaker applications are open to regular CADA members (school-site based) and exhibiting affiliates (speakers & vendors) who will be registering to attend the 2021 Convention. Affiliates should book their booth space by October 31, 2020 to be considered. Regular CADA members will be expected to register for the Convention by January 8 in order to be accepted as a presenter. Presenters do not receive free convention registration.
- Compensation for regular CADA members is a $100 honorarium per workshop session or the Meet the Pros session. Long-form sessions will receive $150. Slam presenters are not compensated. Co-presenters will split the honorarium per session. Honorariums cover preparation and any materials needed for presentations.
- Affiliate members (and their guests) who are exhibiting & medallion sponsors are welcome to apply, but are not compensated.
- All presenters are expected to UPLOAD an electronic resource related to their presentation to be included in the online CADA Resource Library. This resource will be due 2 weeks prior to Convention.
- For more information on presenting, contact Jeff Culver at email@example.com
Workshops, Meet the Pros, CADA Slam
Deadline to Apply: October 25
Offer to Present: Sent by email before December 1
Jeff Culver - firstname.lastname@example.org
Offers to Present will come from CADApresenter@gmail.com or CADAroundtable@gmail.com. Please add these to your address book to keep them from the dreaded Spam/Junk folder. If you have not received a notification by December 2, please contact Jeff Culver at email@example.com to inquire.