2021 CADA State Convention
Apply to Present
Seeking workshop presenters for the 2021 CADA State Convention, March 1-6, 2021.
COVID-19 Update: All posted dates related to presentation deadlines/notifications are currently in flux and will be extended as we are in a holding pattern regarding the Convention format. Once we open registration with more information about the 2021 Convention, revised presentation application dates will be established. However, if you are ready to submit your application to present a workshop, please submit at this time!
Application deadline is FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2020.
2021 workshop/session offerings:
- Regular 45-minute workshops
- Meet the Pros pre-recorded 10-minute presentations (plus MTP LIVE Q&A session)
- Slam session (present a single topic in 3-minutes or less)
Workshop sessions will be spread from Monday to Friday. Long-form sessions will not be available this year. (Live sessions will run Mon-Fri at 4:00 p.m. Pacific)
Meet the Pros will release on Friday, February 26 and include a collection of 10-minute recordings from a wide array of topics and presenters. Convention attendees will have a chance to view recordings throughout the following week. On Saturday, March 6 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific, Meet the Pros presenters will be available during MTP LIVE to meet attendees and address any follow-up questions related to their topic. These are focused topics related to an activities/leadership program, curriculum ideas, or a specific lesson which can be taught in a leadership classroom. (10-minute recordings due February 19; MTP LIVE will run Saturday, March 6 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific)
CADA Slam! is a one-hour session in which 15 presenters each share an idea in 3-minutes or less on stage. Slammers are asked to submit up to 3 Google slides (in February) to accompany their 3-minute presentation. (Live session: Saturday, March 6 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific)
- Speaker applications are open to regular CADA members (school-site based) and exhibiting affiliates (speakers & vendors) who will be registering to attend the 2021 Convention. Affiliates should book their booth space to be considered. Regular CADA members will be expected to register for the Convention in order to be accepted as a presenter. Presenters do not receive free convention registration.
- Compensation for regular CADA members is a $100 honorarium per workshop session or $50 for the Meet the Pros session. Slam presenters are not compensated. Co-presenters will split the honorarium per session. Honorariums cover preparation and any materials needed for presentations.
- Affiliate members (and their guests) who are exhibiting & medallion sponsors are welcome to apply, but are not compensated.
- All presenters are expected to UPLOAD an electronic resource related to their presentation to be included in the online CADA Resource Library. This resource will be due 2 weeks prior to Convention.
- For more information on presenting, contact Jeff Culver at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops, Meet the Pros, CADA Slam
Deadline to Apply: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2020
Offer to Present: SUNDAY, JANUARY 17, 2021
Offers to Present will come from CADApresenter@gmail.com or CADAroundtable@gmail.com. Please add these to your address book to keep them from the dreaded Spam/Junk folder. If you have not received a notification by December 2, please contact Jeff Culver at email@example.com to inquire.