CADA/CASL Fall training opportunities for you and your students. Mark your calendar and register today! Don't let distance learning stop you from obtaining valuable leadership trainings! Join us for some unique virtual leadership training throughout the Fall 2020 semester.
Engaging Lessons and the Tech Tools to Make Them Happen
DATES: Monday, September 28, 2020
TIME: Friday: 7:00 PM - Registered attendees will receive links to access sessions via email prior to the event.
We encourage you to join us for this great evening where we will share our creativity, and those easy to use apps and extensions that are making our lessons more engaging and fun!
Free - Members | $20 - Nonmembers
A registration link for the webinar will be send via zoom the afternoon prior to the event, please keep and eye out for an email. All recorded webinars will be available to registered attendees after the event until December 31, 2020.
Registration Deadline: 12:00 pm on Monday, September 28, 2020
Payment Deadline: 12:00 pm on Monday, September 28, 2020
Click here for the Virtual CADA Code of Conduct to download
CADA FALL ADVISOR CONFERENCE
DATES: Friday, October 2 - Saturday, October 3
TIME: Friday: 3:45 PM - 6:15 PM | Saturday: 9:45 AM - 5:00 PM
This Friday evening and all-day Saturday event will allow adults involved in student activities a chance to connect, be inspired, and take away concrete ideas to help them through this new year. Keynotes, Workshops, and SWAPs!
$25 - Members | $40 - Nonmembers
Sessions that are recorded will be available after the conference to registered attendees until December 31, 2020.
Registration Deadline: September 25, 2020
Cancellation Deadline: September 25, 2020
Payment Deadline: September 30, 2020
Click here for the Virtual CADA Code of Conduct to download
CADA FALL STUDENT CONFERENCE
DATES: Friday, October 23 - Saturday, October 24
TIME: Friday: 3:45 PM - 5:15 PM | Saturday: 9:45 AM - 4:45 PM
This Friday evening and all-day Saturday event will allow students and adults involved in student activities a chance to connect, be inspired, and take away concrete ideas to help them through this new year. Keynotes, Workshops, and SWAPs!
Panel of Leadership Experts Discuss Diversity, Equity + Unity in Schools
Keith Hawkins, The Amazing Tei Street + CASL
Laymon Hicks with Q & A
TikTok Dances with Danny Vuong-Batimana (Happiness is NOW Experience) + Mental Health Wellness Discussion
Johan Khalilian Videos + Interviews
$250 - Members (10 Attendees + 1 Advisor) | $20/Additional Attendee
$375 - Nonmember (10 Attendees + 1Advisor) | $20/Additional Attendee
Sessions that are recorded will be available after the conference to registered attendees until February 28, 2021.
Registration Deadline: October 9, 2020
Cancellation Deadline: October 9, 2020
Names to be Submitted: October 9, 2020
Payment Deadline: October 16, 2020
Click here for the Virtual CADA Code of Conduct to download and share with your students. Submit Student Information: All students and adults attending the CADA Fall Student Conference from your school must complete the Online Information Form no later than Friday, October 9th, 2020. PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 24 HRS FOR YOUR SCHOOL NAME TO APPEAR ON THE IFNORMTION FORM DORP DOWN LIST.
Coast to coast STUDENT Leadership Training
DATES: Tuesday, September 29, 2020
TIME: 4:00 PM PT - 6:45 PM PT (Note this is PT)
This Tuesday evening experience is tailored for training both your MS + HS new leaders. Join California in the FIRST National training of this kind!
- Parliamentary Procedure (led by the National Association of Parliamentarians Director)
- Effective Meetings
- Group Dynamics
- Student Voice
- Elections + Voting
- Equity/Social Justice
- Mental Health Awareness
Teams of 10 delegates for $100. Must register as a team of 10 and you can register more than one team!
- Registration Deadline: September 21, 2020 (limited space so it may close sooner than the registration deadline).
- Cancellation Deadline: September 17, 2020
- Names to be Submitted: September 21, 2020
- Payment Deadline: September 21, 2020
Click here for the Virtual CADA Code of Conduct to download and share with your students
2020 VIRTUAL CADA CAMP RECORDINGS
Over 35 Hours of Recordings Now Available! Plus, camp links with resources developed by camp councils for the coming year AND advisors gain access to Advisor Google Drive folder & recordings of Advisor-only sessions. Missed 2020 Virtual Camp? For the first time ever, CADA member advisors and their students can be a part of CADA/CASL Leadership Camp after camp!
Members Only: $150 for first advisor log-in and $100 for each additional student or advisor log-in
Access to Virtual Camp content will be available through May 28, 2021.
Available content includes:
- Keynote addresses from Joe Beckman, Dillon Mendes, and Lori L. Hayes
- Curriculum Lessons focused on communication, collaboration, and creativity
- High School Officer training sessions (including ASB Presidents, ASB Vice Presidents, Secretaries, Senior Class Presidents & VPs, Non-Senior Class Presidents & VPs)
- Middle School Officer training sessions (including Executive Officers and General Leadership)
- Panel Discussion: The Student Leader's Role in Creating Equity on Campus featuring student leaders and educators discussing this important topic
- How to Train Your Leadership Team session with Scott Backovich
- Student created Camp Council Projects which can serve as models for your school in the fall or are full of ideas
- High School Virtual Rally
- Middle School Virtual Rally
- Virtual Talent Show
- Virtual Recognition
- Self-Care & Wellness
- CADA Camp Slam!
- End of Year Celebration/Yearbook
- Daily Large Group Virtual Activities
- Twenty-one workshop sessions
- Empathy and Open-Mindedness to eliminate stereotypes
- Online fact-checking and safety
- Level up social media
- Virtual recognition
- Connect with freshman and senior classes
- Activities for any budget
- Use technology to your advantage
- Virtual clubs
- Community service
- Examine smaller acts of leadership
- Staff involvement
- Homecoming in a virtual world
- Athletic recognition
- Resilience and personal growth
- Equity on campus
- Mental health and digital wellness
- Week of Welcome virtually
- Digitize your organization
- Advisor-only content
- "How Do We Meet the Challenge of Virtual Activities?" Discussion
- Equity vs. Equality presentation plus Q&A with Tei Street
- "Training Your Leaders" advisor presentation by Scott Backovich/ENVOLVE Schools
- SWAP/Brainstorm: Large Scale Events
- SWAP/Brainstorm: Fundraising
- Flipgrid Tutorial
- Social Emotional Learning/Relationships-Based School Presentation
- Resource Share: Pear Deck, Nearpod, EdPuzzle, Jamboard, Minga