Host an LDD
CADA/CASL Leadership Development Day -
Learning, Leading , Living
A recent study observed four California schools of varied demographics and found that differences in achievement gaps can often be mediated by addressing “opportunity gaps” on campus. One way to do this is with relationship building: disenfranchised students, the researchers found, that students become more successful in the classroom when they are given opportunities to build relationships with teachers and peers in a supportive environments. Led by a trained educator with more than 10,000 hours in leadership training experience, Leadership Development Days provide opportunities for middle and high school students to get inspired to change the world and learn the practical skills needed to make those changes.
It is also a great way for school leaders to meet other change agents in their area and create a networking system so they will be inspired to continue leadership throughout their school career and continue making a difference on your campus along the way.
Details IN PERSON LDDs
- Any middle school or high school can host .
- A day of leadership training includes utilizing the host school’s ASB leaders as small group facilitators in a day of activities and learning for 200-300 middle school leaders from your local area.
- Any day which works best for you and your district where there is an open date in your school gymnasium or other facility.
- The events generally take place in a gymnasium from approximately 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM.
- Registration is limited to the first 300 students.
- Registration deadline is one week prior to the Leadership Development Day.
Cost is only $30 per student and includes all materials plus a snack, sub sandwich lunch, and the training. Other than that, just bring yourselves! ($15 per student for virtual LDD)
For middle school students, it is an opportunity to learn leadership skills in smaller group settings with their high school leader serving as facilitators and role models.
Lastly, for the advisor, it is a different venue in which CADA would like to offer as an additional resource for your students to learn and apply leadership skills to the existing camps, area conferences and state convention. We are all very excited to bring this new opportunity directly to your school!
Are you ready to Host?
View the online Host Site Fundamentals
Interested in Hosting a Virtual LDD? Click here to fill out the request form.
Leadership Development Coordinator